I’m super psyched that I am going to Asheville this weekend, but also the #fomo is real. So, I thought I’d share a list of all the events I’d go to if I was in town this weekend. Hopefully, some of you can go to them.
This weekend it is popping in Durham!
- Full Frame Festival– Thursday, April 7- Saturday, April 10 (mostly FREE)
(ask me for a pass. I may be able to hook you up!)- Free Outdoor Screening this Friday
- FREE Dance Party! Friday, April 8 6pm – 8pm (FREE)
Cardio & Zumba Dance Party at the YMCA
- Joel McHale Friday, April 8 (Not Free)- Comedy Show with the star of Community
- Art in Bloom at NCMA Thursday, April 7 – Sunday, April 10 ($10)
- North Carolina Updogs– Saturday, April 9 (Mebane- Contact Info)
UpDog is dedicated to expanding the awareness and participation of people and dogs in athletic endeavors. We want more people and more dogs having fun, playing together. Sign me up!
- Skywatching at Jordan Lake Saturday, April 9 (FREE)
There are more than 50 star parties happening across the state, but you can’t beat Jordan Lake. Morehead Planetarium educators and CHAOS members (from Chapel Hill Astronomical & Observational Society) bring telescopes and guide you through fun observations of stars, planets, moons, nebulae and other celestial objects. You might even see a few meteors! This session Jupiter and the Moon will be on view.