Eventually I want to get to a place where I can devote more time to my daily content creation endeavors, but currently I am preoccupied with emotional turmoil and work commitments. So, it is 11:17pm on Day 65 of 365, and I am going to write about my daily gratitudes today.
The goal right now is to just practice the discipline of following through with something I say I am going to do every day. The quality of the content I create is a concern of mine, but baby steps. Today, the focus is on self-discipline and following through with what I say I am going to do.
This challenge has been an exercise like most of life in acceptance and seeing I am not perfect. One day I fell asleep before I created content, and I think I’ve posted 2 or 3 times past midnight on the day I was supposed to post, but so is life… It is not perfect and neither am I and that is okay. This is something I work daily to accept.
So here goes today’s gratitudes
- I have choices
- I live in abundance despite depriving myself of many things
- I was productive today
- I made two calls to support myself today
- I am taking steps to feel better
- I am all packed and ready for my trip tomorrow morning
- I made myself dinner tonight
- I don’t have to make any decisions today
- My company is sending me to a cool conference to learn, grow, and create content this weekend
- Each day I learn how to get out of my own way a little more
- I have people that support or care about me in my life
- I have choices (I need to keep reminding myself this)
- Sometimes, I feel my opinion is valued and that makes me feel good
- My hair
- Storage on my phone
- Audra McDonald
- Nice people
Other Note: One of the reasons I think this challenge has been as successful as it has been… (What defines success to me is that I have kept up with it for 65 days, which means I only have 300 days left to go 🙂 ) is that I have not given myself too many rules or been to rigid in my expectations of myself, but I do want to share to rules I have been holding myself to, which are
- I cannot recycle content I made for work and count it as my content creation for the day
- I cannot use food or a meal I made as my daily content creation
These are just two parameters I have set for myself. I want the content I create to be original, in that its purpose is for this challenge and not food related, but more artistically and creatively driven, i.e. not something I made or did out of necessity (no matter how pretty the presentation of the dish is or how tasty it was 😉 )
I feel doing either of these things would be a cop out. I can include content I created for another purpose or show food I created or consumed, but those things cannot stand alone as my sole content for the day.