I haven’t created content in 3 days (Feb 9 (Day 79), Feb 10 (Day 80), Feb 11 (Day 81) and I could easily say, “Well, fuck it. I’m done. Clearly, I don’t have the self-discipline to do anything every day for 365 days.” But that would be easy, so instead, I am not going to give up. So, onward with day 79.
I plan to be ruthless and push forward.
The title of this post “Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul in fire” is a quote that was hanging in my yoga class this evening. I think I meant to write about it in my “Courage to Change” post on day 77 because I believe it was hanging in the yoga class I took that day too. At the Y, they hang inspirational quotes in all of their fitness classrooms and at all of their locations and switch them out every month or so.
I haven’t found what sets my soul on fire, but I really want to and don’t plan on giving up until I’ve found it. If I had to guess, it will come in the form of very meaningful work, where I feel I am being used to my full potential, am respected, valued, and making a difference every day in the lives of many people. I don’t know what that looks like yet. I imagine it will involve me using my creativity to solve problems that really matter to me. I also think I will feel my soul is set on fire when I feel heard and understood. I rarely feel either of those things.
Lastly, some other ideas I’ve had for content
- Short fiction stories (for when I feel uninspired, down, don’t want to write about myself, my life, or anything me related)
- Short stories based out of my dreams- I had a few really funky, descriptive dreams yesterday that I have now forgotten most of, but next time I’d like to try and capture it even if I don’t feel like writing it down
- Sharing content that’s inspiring me- what I’m reading, watching, digesting, and how it’s influencing me, the way I see the world, and the content I create or aspire to create
Here is some content I’ve consumed or would like to consume:
- Movie/Documentary I Want to Watch: Good Hair
- Guilty Pleasure TV Show I Binge Watched 4th Season of Yesterday: Younger
- Inspiring Video of Someone Who Took a Gamble That Paid Off
- Funny Olympic Reads